George Clooney revealed the details of his old feud with Russell Crowe

0

 


George Clooney is one of the most beloved men in Hollywood and in the public. However, despite his friendly demeanor, the Oscar winner does not have a cordial relationship with all his colleagues. In a recent interview for GQ magazine , in which he also confirmed that he gave $ 1 million to his best friends in 2013, the movie star revealed some details about the old feud he has with Russell Crowe, also a renowned actor.

As indicated, it all started in 2005 when the protagonist of "Gladiator" insulted Harrison Ford, Robert de Niro and George Clooney, calling them " sold" for appearing in commercials.

In dialogue with the publication, Clooney recalled the words of his colleague: "Out of nowhere, he said, 'I'm not a sold out like Robert De Niro and Harrison Ford and George Clooney.' I said, 'Where the hell did that come from? '”.

When the director also learned of the New Zealander's statements, he reacted with a humorous response in which he made a subtle mockery of Crowe's rock band, "30 Odd Foot Of Grunts."

"I made a statement that said, 'He's probably right. And I'm glad he told us, because Bob and Harrison and I were also thinking of starting a band, which would also fall under the heading of misuse of fame.' .

But, although he assured that his response was not malicious, it still managed to arouse Crowe's anger. As Clooney himself narrated: " That's when he really got upset with me. 'Who the hell does this guy think he is? He's a Frank Sinatra wannabe ."

At that time, the protagonist of "Gravity" said that he noticed that both had been wrong when sending messages through others, so he decided to promote a more personal approach to clarify the situation and restore peace: " I sent him a note that It said, 'Dude, the only people who succeed when two famous people are fighting are the people from People magazine . What the hell is wrong with you? ' "

It seems that the olive branch worked. In response, Crowe decided to send his partner a sample of his music and a book of poetry to apologize for starting the fight. “He apologized for insulting me, something he had actually done. He had fought with me for no reason , ”the actor explained.

Later, the two actors met on the red carpet at a Golden Globes. It was there that Crowe tried to apologize personally, but Clooney was simply not willing to budge as he did not take the actor's words well. I think he told me, 'I was misquoted,' and I said, 'yes, yes, whatever. '

The “Ocean's Eleven” star also said in his interview that he is not a fan of fights between coworkers and prefers to see other celebrities at war on social media. I wouldn't do that, but it's a lot of fun ."

Actor Russell Crowe (EFE)

Actor Russell Crowe (EFE)

Speaking to the magazine, the interpreter also confirmed that he gave a million dollars to his 14 closest friends. “ Basically what I thought is that if I was suddenly hit by a bus, all of them were already in my will. So why wait, ”he revealed.

Clooney, who is currently married to the lawyer Amal Alamuddin and is the father of twins, wanted to thank them for the support that these people had given him throughout his career.

“I told myself that the only thing I really had were these guys, who had helped me in one way or another for 35 years. I had slept on their sofas when I was broke, they had loaned me money so that I could get by, "he added. "I realized that without them I would not have achieved anything that I have."

By the way, the 59-year-old actor has also clarified that he gave them that amount of money in cash and in a suitcase of an exclusive brand.


إرسال تعليق

0تعليقات
إرسال تعليق (0)